Established in 1997, Cygnum Timber Frame Ltd is one of the largest timber frame manufacturing companies with operations in both the UK and Ireland. The company has an excellent reputation and is involved in a broad range of projects including residential, commercial and public buildings. To meet growing demand in the UK, Cygnum wish to recruit a Contracts Manager with responsibility for multiple projects at any one time and covering broadly the South East Region of England.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a point of contact for the client and the erecting team on all site operation issues and deal with all site related queries to ensure smooth running of site works.
- Prepare RAMS suitable for the project and ensure the allocated team have been given the correct equipment and training suitable for the tasks
- Having a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the scope of works and challenges of each project prior to commencement and a plan in place to address these.
- Ensure Cygnum team are kept abreast of site start dates, assess site & client readiness and monitor any likely alterations to commencement.
- Ensure all Cygnum personnel understand the measures contained and are adhering to Method Statements and Company Health & Safety policy
- Prepare programme of works to suit contractual deadlines and liaise with Design, Procurement & Production departments to ensure targets are met.
- Attend pre-start meetings to fine-tune requirements and ensure the client is aware of Cygnum requirements and to ensure Cygnum are kept abreast of actual site start dates.
- Have input into job allocation of site teams, budget and timeframe planning.
- Provide regular reports stating progress and status of the projects.
- Ensuring company procedures relating to carrying out day works and variations on site are followed.
- Provide technical and Health & Safety advice for the site teams, liaising with Design Department as and when appropriate.
- Regular visits to site to ensure the project remains on target, monitoring programme, resources and equipment, ongoing quality of kit and installation.
- Procure craneage and special materials as the job dictates.
- Resolve disputes with client and or site erecting teams.
- Ensure company-owned plant and equipment is maintained in good and safe working order.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of any site meetings and correspondences with the clients.
- Record and report any site problems and non-conformances promptly and accurately as part of ensuring ongoing quality control and improvement and resolve promptly in accordance with agreed action plan.
- Ensure that all site works are carried out to the highest standard, in accordance with the requirements of Cygnum’s design and engineering and all relevant building regulations and that records of all site inspection checklists and handover sheets are properly maintained.
- Arrange for snagging and handover meetings.
- Maintain a professional, co-operative and helpful manner at all times.
- Represent a professional image at all times and promote Cygnum in a favourable light.
- Carry out any training assigned to you and ensure the required training is achieved to carry out your role effectively.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested
- a relevant building qualification or trade.
- experience on building sites in a sites management/supervisor role.
- a broad and in-depth understanding of all aspects of construction, preferably timber frame or carpentry.
- customer interfacing experience & skills
- project management skills
- computer skills
- a full clean driving licence is essential
- CSCS card preferably minimum Supervisor level
- CPCS Appointed Person
- SSSTS or SMSTS
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org